Hi there! It’s Friday and that means a new challenge over at the As You See It Challenge Blog! Check out the creations by the other AYSI Design Team Members too! I also combined it with the color challenge from Colour Q Challenges this week. I wasn’t sure about these colors to begin with but loved the final result. I hope you do too!
1. Cut your Pool Party cardstock to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ for your card base and score it at 4-1/4″. Cut the Pacific Point to 4″ x 5-1/4″. Cut a piece of Whisper White to 1-7/8″ x 5″. Cut a piece of Real Red to 2″ x 5-1/4″ – see Step 3 for why!
2. Ink up the Dictionary Background Stamp in Soft Sky ink, stamp off onto a scrap paper once and then stamp it onto the Whisper White piece. (This is super hard to see in the photo but is gorgeous in real life!) Then use the Petal Parade stamp set (FREE Sale-A-Bration exclusive stamp set with any $50 purchase!) and Pacific Point, Pool Party, and Real Red inks to stamp the rest of the white panel.
3. Run the Real Red piece through the Big Shot with the Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Cut the final piece down to 1-7/8″ x 5″. *TIP: Cut your piece of cardstock a bit larger than you want it (usually 1/8″ is plenty depending on how intricate the embossing folder design is) and trim it down to the size you want AFTER embossing! The embossing “shrinks” the paper a bit so this is a great idea when you need an exact size or to match up with another piece like I needed on my card.
4. Use the Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to adhere both the Whisper White and Real Red strips side-by-side onto the Pacific Point layer.
5. Tie the Real Red and Whisper White 1/4″ Stitched Grosgrain Ribbons around the Pacific Point layer. Adhere this to the card base.
6. Stamp the “Happy Big Day” from the Chalk Talk Stamp Set (LOVE!) in Pacific Point ink onto a scrap of Whisper White. Die cut it out with the Big Shot and the matching Chalk Talk Framelits Dies.
7. Die cut two more of the same label shape out of a scrap of Pool Party cardstock. Cut one set in half horizontally and one set in half vertically and glue behind the sentiment to make a custom mat! *TIP: This is one of my favorite tricks to do with punches and die cuts that may not have a nesting shape! Make your own! Works fabulously with the Decorative Label Punch among others.
I hope you love this card! This sketch was a great one to work with. Head on over to the As You See It Challenge Blog and play along! 🙂 We’re always excited to see what you have created!!!
This card was entered into challenges at: ColourQ, polkadoodles, Crafting from the Heart, Challenges 4 Everybody, and Word Art Wednesday.
Petal Parade (Wood-Mount 133599, Clear-Mount 133602)***FREE Sale-A-Bration Choice with $50 Order***
Chalk Talk (Wood-Mount 130631, Clear-Mount 130634) *Get the stamp set with the matching framelits and save 15% with the Chalk Talk Bundle: Wood-Mount 132731, Clear-Mount 132730!*
Dictionary Background (Wood-Mount 130348, Clear-Mount 130351)
Real Red 1/4″ Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (126875)
Whisper White 1/4″ Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (126877)
SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Stampin’ Trimmer (126889)
Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
Bone Folder (102300)
Paper Snips (103579)
Craft Scissors (108360)
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
Big Shot Magnetic Platform (130658)
Chalk Talk Framelits Dies (129983) *Get the stamp set with the matching framelits and save 15% with the Chalk Talk Bundle: Wood-Mount 132731, Clear-Mount 132730!*
Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (132187)
Grid Paper (102787)
Stampin’ Scrub (126200)
Stampin’ Mist (102394)
Connect with Me!
Copyright InfoCopyright Info All Images © Stampin' Up! 2011 Sarah Naber, Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator and the use of, and content of, the classes, services, or products offered on this blog is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!