Hi there! Finally back with a fun, new sketch from As You See It Challenges! I used a technique from the Stampin’ Up! demonstrator-only magazine, Stampin’ Success that came out in the Nov/Dec issue! I’ll film a video on it soon because it was super easy and you only have to do it once and you have a template you can use over and over again on lots of different projects! Gotta love that!
1. Make your sunburst template (I’ll embed the video below when it’s finished) and sponge Daffodil Delight ink onto a Whisper White cardstock layer measuring 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″.
2. Rub an Embossing Buddy over the card layer from Step 1 to remove the static and help the embossing powder only stick to the stamped image. Using a Stamp-a-ma-jig, position the greeting from Feel Goods and stamp it in VersaMark ink. Pour on Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder and use the Heat Tool to melt it.
3. Repeat the steps above with a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and the butterfly from Backyard Basics.
4. Color the butterfly in with a Blender Pen and Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin’ Pads.
5. Use the Two Way Glue Pen to apply glue in between the sponged sunburst rays and pour on Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Tap off excess glitter (sometimes I also use a paintbrush to really brush off the excess glitter so it doesn’t fall off later).
6. Use the Multipurpose Liquid Glue to attach the main panel onto a piece of 3-3/4″ x 5″ Basic Black cardstock. Glue that onto a Strawberry Slush card base, cut at 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″.
7. Cut the butterfly out with Paper Snips. *TIP: Move the cardstock around, not the scissors. Attach it with a half Stampin’ Dimensional onto the center of the sunburst. *TIP: Use a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker to run around the Whisper White edges to really finish the look and hide any cutting mistakes.
Backyard Basics (Wood-Mount 130514, Clear-Mount 130517) ***Buy the Backyard Basics Bundle and save 15% on the stamp set and matching Backyard Basics Framelits Dies. Wood-Mount Bundle 132729, Clear-Mount Bundle 132728***
Feel Goods (Wood-Mount 131916, Clear-Mount 129684)
Stampin’ Trimmer (126889)
Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
Bone Folder (102300)
Paper Snips (103579)
Blender Pens – set of 3 (102845)
Heat Tool (129053)
Grid Paper (102787)
Stampin’ Scrub (126200)
Stampin’ Mist (102394)
Connect with Me!
Copyright InfoCopyright Info All Images © Stampin' Up! 2011 Sarah Naber, Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator The content of this blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator and the use of, and content of, the classes, services, or products offered on this blog is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!